Bridging the Urban and Rural divide in Healthcare Sector in India

The unequal distribution of healthcare service is among the major issues. As in healthcare sector in India has long been struggling with. The rural population in the country stands at over 73 percent. And yet the majority of the healthcare infrastructure only caters to the remaining 27 percent of the population living in urban areas.

This mainly takes place owing to lack of skilled doctors, inadequate facilities and unavailability of proper medicines. However, we can not just concentrate disparity in the rural areas but the country as a whole too. There is deficiency in infrastructure, insurance coverage, medical stores and more.

Initiatives for Availability of Healthcare sectors in India

To bridge the disparity in the availability of healthcare services between urban and rural areas. The central and state government urged the private healthcare units to set up centers in rural and semi-rural regions in the year 2016.y In response, many healthcare service providers have come up with some powerful initiatives.

For instance, Nayati Healthcare, a private hospital chain led by Niira Radia. It strives in providing quality and affordable medical services to the people living in the remote villages of Uttar Pradesh.  They have developed the group in bringing the most advanced level medical facilities to the people living in Tier-2 and 3 cities. One of its hospitals, Nayati Medicity, Mathura, it is a Multi Super Specialty hospital with 377 beds covering 22 specialties was established in 2016.

Under the leadership of Niira Radia, Nayati Healthcare. It is attempting to bring super-specialty world-class healthcare in the backwoods of tier II and tier III cities. “We are the only hospital care in the region catering to a population of over 30 million,” said the chairperson of Nayati Healthcare. However, it is the first hospital in a Tier III city to which people recognize with NABH. NABH is the only approved blood bank in UP. Also it is the only Multi Super Specialty hospital in the region that offers end-to-end cancer care. Including complex diagnostic tests and treatments such as radiation and Bone Marrow Transplant.

Carrying the same mission like Nayati is SMART Health India, a health-tech initiative that offers affordable, high-quality healthcare by using technology. George Institute researchers Launched this initiative in India, Australia, and the UK. It enables community health workers and medical experts to provide state-of-the-art healthcare through mobile health technologies.

Workable Steps to Bring Improvement

More initiatives like SMART Health India and those taken by Niira Radia-led Nayati Healthcare can undoubtedly help bridge the gap in India’s healthcare sector. However, what is equally important is the introduction of new systems and policies. Strong infrastructure in all forms – transport, communication, education as well as digitization of villages. It can help improve the overall health division in villages and towns in India.

About Muhammad Irshad

Muhammad Irshad is enthusiastic about the conclusion that inspires within each of us and shaping it into a model. His work/life improvement procedures have facilitated uncountable men, women to lead more vibrant lives while reducing the responsibility and the mission for excellence.
View all posts by Muhammad Irshad →